Body contouring by Liposuction plastic surgery procedure removes unwanted fat without diet and exercise. Improving your shape in one cosmetic surgery procedure. Liposuction surgery in Spokane, Tri Cities and Coeur d’ Alene is carried out on areas of the body where deposits of fat tend to collect, such as the buttocks, hips, thighs and abdomen. Other popular areas for liposuction are under the chin, neck, upper arms, breasts, knees, calves or ankles.
Liposuction permanently removes fat cells and can alter body shape. However, the remaining fat cells can grow, so weight loss is not necessarily permanent, especially if you eat an unhealthy diet and don’t exercise after the operation.
Liposuction is not a treatment for obesity and it will not remove cellulite or stretch marks. There is a limit to the amount of fat that can safely be removed, and the surgery carries a number of risks, such as infection, scarring and numbness.
Liposuction will be performed at Shape’s surgical facility accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAAHC), which is considered the gold standard and of utmost safety for the patient. This procedure is a body contouring method that is best for people who are at a healthy body weight. The techniques that Dr. Lundeby performs includes:
A step-by-step breakdown of Liposuction:
- Indelible ink is used to draw lines on the patient’s body to help the surgeon during surgery.
- Using the smallest needle possible local anesthesia is injected along with conscious sedation anesthesia is administered.
- A large, small or micro-cannula is used to suction out the fat. Dr. Lundeby prefers the small 4mm, triple lumen Mercedes cannulas. The smaller tip cannulas that are blunt may reduce irregularities in the skin contour, skin surface, as well as denting, which is the most common complication with using larger cannulas.
- After the removal of the fat, the incision sites are left open to allow for drainage and optimal scar healing – Bruising and swelling lasts anywhere from 10 to 14 days depending on the person.
- COMPRESSIVE GARMENTS – This is extremely important. Postoperative compression garments may be worn. Dr. Lundeby prefers his patients to wear the garments for at least four to six weeks postoperatively.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
To schedule a complimentary consultation with Spokane/Tri Cities liposuction surgeon Dr. Lundeby, please send an email or call Shape Cosmetic Surgery & Med Spa, PLLC at 509-458-SKIN.